The increase in demand for jobs for baby boomers has generated additional online resources for finding those jobs and/or for increasing your chances for landing one of them. These are some of those job search resources that I have found and checked out:
2. Encore Careers is more about career changes than it is finding a job if you are out of work. Nevertheless, if you want to combine the two approaches, this is a good place to consult.
3. Retired Brains allows you to post a resume or search for full, part-time, or temporary jobs that are suitable for older workers. There is also an advice section with job hunting and interviewing tips.
4. Work Force 50 is similar to Retired Brains but with a more advanced job search engine, a publisher’s blog, and a link to some real life career change stories.
5. Retirement Jobs has job listings and search resources and advice for 50+ workers. It also has a premium (pay) membership that is supposed to provide extra advice for job seekers. AARP links to Retirement Jobs content from its site.
6. Dinosaur Exchange is a site that tries to connect the expertise of senior level workers with companies that need that expertise, world-wide. You can post your CV as well as search short- and long-term job listings from all over the world.
7. Seniors for Hire is yet another site for 50+ job hunters to post a resume and search job listings. It also has a very comprehensive list of career resources for boomers and seniors.
8. Employment Network for Retired Government Experts focuses on helping retired government employees find jobs.
10. Ageless in America See the first comment below for a thorough description of this excellent resource.
11. WiserWorker.com is a site for experienced workers to locate jobs by industry and by state. You can also fill out job applications directly on the site.
12. The Boomer Group is a search firm that focuses on jobs for baby boomers, primarily in the Denver area. These folks also offer free online training in Microsoft Office Applications, which is great if you need to update your computer skills.
13. Jobs over 50 is a web-based employment service dedicated to the 50+ job applicant. This is for boomers and retirees.
14. The Mature Worker is a site sponsored by the state of Arizona to enhance access to employers who are certified as being friendly to the older worker.
15. Jobs for Change is a site that wants to start a movement toward careers and jobs for the social good. To that end, it contains job listings in the non-profit and public service sectors.
More boomer career and job thoughts and ideas.
I hope these are helpful to any of you boomers looking for work. If you come across any other boomer job and career resources that you think are worthwhile, please leave a comment or contact me and I will post that information here.
Image credit: Quinn Dombroski